What a weekend for the Rebels Without Paws team! Friday and Sunday saw our biggest fundraising push to date with a quiz night at Shrewsbury House, followed by a Vintage and Craft Fair (also at Shrewsbury House).
Together, the 2 events boosted our fundraising total significantly, and the amount raised to date now stands at £4705. We are so grateful to all of those who turned out to support us over the weekend, especially as we were in the grip of the winter’s biggest freeze. The warmth and generosity people have shown has been incredible, and it all helps to keep us motivated to push on to achieve our £12,000.00 target.
One thing we all know for certain: we wouldn’t have had so much success without the support of some incredible individuals and organisations. We’d therefore like to publicly thank:
- Gary at Diamond Digital for the leaflets
- Jess and John and their staff at Shrewsbury House for helping with the quiz night and hosting the event in the bar at the House (incidentally open every Friday evening, if you’re local!)
- Emma at Sweet William Designs for the generous donation of some beautiful doggy items for our raffle, craft stall and other up and coming events
- The Kennel Club for the generous donation of Crufts tickets
- Pets at Home, Charlton for the donation for our Facebook auction
- Karin at Twisted Threads for the donation of coats, ladies wear & accessories for our raffle, craft stall and other up and coming events
- The Staff at The Ahoy Centre for their on-going encouragement, support & training advice
- All our friends and family who are continuing to lend a hand in lots of different ways (even though some of them think we’re crazy!)
If we’ve not mentioned you here, rest assured you’ll be named in future posts, because the list of people to thank is far from finished. We’ve got some more exciting events planned between now & June, and have already secured some gorgeous goodies, generously donated from both local and national organisations. Watch this space for more, and if you are local, keep your eyes peeled for the chance to join us as some fun community events.
Finally, not only was the weekend a big one for fundraising, but Team Captain, Libby, had her first on-water rowing training session. Libby and friends are taking part in The Ahoy Centre’s Meridian Pull on Sunday 11 March. The rest of the Rebels Team will be eagerly cheering them on, while counting the days until we all start our water rowing training (first session’s booked for 29 April!).
Keep in touch with our training progress, how we’re going with fund-raising target, and to find out how you can get involved in future events, by checking in with this blog. Not donated yet? You can do so here.
Thanks for reading!